05 April 2021

Day Three 04:19 AM

The longest lead

to the longest day

Is there anyone now who can attest that it’s done

 

Can any one?

 

The culprit wasn’t seen

who is to say

it wasn’t me

 

I had the assurance of my alibi

which I questioned myself

with the sun in my eyes

 

the facts      are what they’re after

further waiting

but ultimately       disaster

 

it speeds up again, then until now

and i’m thinking much more of the why

than the how

 

I carved out the letters

in the closest oak tree

in an indian summer that was foreign to me

 

the scream is something

i can remember

the heartbeat blood at the top of the lungs

 

it spun a bit

then faltered

gave way to the truth

 

that neither of us will be seeing

   anything

through





No comments:

Post a Comment