07 April 2021

Day Five 20:30 PM


The first person I saw 

that I knew 

was Mark the cop

and he didn’t move

a single muscle 

he stood in his spot

he thinks he was kind

we know now          he was not

 

there was no more 

sitting patiently 

                        for me

there was no more need 

 

that expensive liquor store 

at the foot of Allen Street

I was pretty sure that no one 

would see

by then I was stumbling

humbled, indeed

with a handful of coins

trying to make musts need

thinking about a funeral home

instead of a nursery

still making me wait

for what it might be

and every inquiry

was well out of bounds

an eyebrow was raised

but it later fell down

a brow was furrowed

by an acquaintance from work

but more time was spent 

on the state of my shirt

which was well stained with mud, blood and hurt

and every answer

was increasingly harsh

I just got what I could

and walked off through the park

 

it does slip away

and sometimes it should

nothing now 

will come to much good

 

ferrous ferocious

and the crevice alone

what comes in through the ears

ends up in the bones








No comments:

Post a Comment