22 May 2011

the words are my disguise



                                                               i don’t know what i should say

probably wouldn’t make a difference to you
anyway
but action is better than the words
i don’t know for sure
it is only what i’ve heard

i kept waiting for the kids
to come in here      save me        but none of them ever did
kept thinking of the time
hers said      ‘look into the mirror’     but so did mine
so did mine

i know
         you told me

the words are my disguise

i see
lips
teeth
mouth
but not eyes

what color are your eyes
a simple question
 we can get back
to the lies
a simple question
nothing
you should realize
no need to hurry
take your time   take your time    take your time

if i could hit
the way i get hit
there wouldn’t be
as much a need for any more of this

might just bring it to a halt
i would see  sun                      i would  feel   salt
in every open wound

that
was just a lie you told
to shut me up

a lie you told to
make me run

a lie
you had buried
deep inside

just a lie

just
a
lie


i know that you told me
‘you can’t catch up on sleep’
but where did you wander after we had all those
drinks

and what does it mean

what do you think it means

see i keep waiting for the kids
to come in here
and save me
but none of them
ever        do

it’s not as if    they never help
but
sometimes
it is only you can save yourself
and sometimes
it takes a while
to know it’s felt
and then
sometimes
we all            could use
a little help
a little help a little help a little help


so ‘help me if you can     i’m feeling down…’



No comments:

Post a Comment