10 April 2011

jessey drake set me straight


if you go looking i think you will find me right outside melting the snow thought i would tell you in case you wanted to know the cut of your hair and little smile stare told me everything i need to know   i knew you'd come looking you'd be walking up library road  i wasn't worried i wasn't troubled i just thought we got started too slow then you turned to ask me if i'd ever read "on the road"  maybe i'm foolish  maybe i'm blind and maybe it's not rock n roll but maybe you're selfish and just nobody's told you so

i told you it's all cobblestone   i told you so you should have known

still it's a little too honest for all of us liars left standing out here in the snow you can follow my footsteps if you think they might lead you home i want to be gracious i want to be kind i want to hear it all in the headphones  i whisper my worries til they become part of this song
if you go looking i think you'll find me


art by Michaël Borremans

1 comment:

  1. i love that song...just saw you sent me this link...miss you...hope you're doin ok...call me if you need anything

    jessey

    ReplyDelete